SOCCER COACHING PROGRAM FOR U12 SOCCER PLAYERS
The kids have graduated to U12 soccer so they are either playing on an 8v8 field or an 11 vs 11 field. The kids will need to continue to work on the following aspects of soccer.
Restarts: Fouls, Sportsmen ship, Technique and Tactical understanding of systems and playing with more numbers on the field.
The kids will be working on a bigger field with larger numbers on the field with more ground to cover so all the work done on the smaller fields will help them tactically.
Soccer skills program for U12 Soccer Players
When moving from the smaller game to the bigger field is to make the transition as easy as possible for the players from a skill, tactics, and fitness standpoint. From a skills standpoint, the bigger field presents some more challenges. We have been priming the kids and teaching them all kinds of soccer skills. The U12 soccer player will need the following:
- The kids should have a pretty good foundation if they have been working on all their soccer skills. Especially, if they have been playing since U6.
- Passing: They should be able to hit a good pass and play some combinations like a give and go.
- Air balls: The players should be able to use the different surfaces to control the soccer ball like the instep – thigh or chest.
- Shooting technique: The players should have a good understanding of how to strike the soccer ball with the instep.
These are all basic skills the players will need when starting to transition from the 8 vs 8 games to the 11 vs 11 game structure.
The next area where players will need some help is moving from 8v8 to 11v11 because there will be 3 more players on the field. Keeping it simple! Attacking soccer, this program will teach young players how to: Play attacking soccer, controlling the soccer ball, develop an awesome first touch and turning the ball: Teach players how to turn using different parts of the foot.
U12 team soccer lessons:
- “Managing The Game” (U10 and up)
- Laps Not Required (U8 and U12 Lesson Plan)
- When To Dribble-When To Pass
- Running With The Ball
- Passing using the Whole-Part-Whole Method
- Spatial Awareness
- Spatial Awareness-Sam Snow
- Movement Without The Ball
- Passing To Keep Possession
- Finishing (GABOO)
- Finishing-Sam Snow
- Shooting To Score
- Combination Play
- Block Tackling
- First Defender
- Defending Principles (Pressure and Cover)
- Goalkeeper Included (session for finishing and goalkeepers)